Saturday, April 11, 2009

A 'Drea Divided

Saturday is usually reserved for swimming but I was torn when I saw how gorgeous it was outside. I considered walking and swimming but I was also feeling unenthusiastic and didn't know if I would have the stamina for the pool.

I ended up going to Compton Hill Reservoir Park, one of my pre-fitness club stomping grounds. To enhance my workout in those days, I would climb the diminutive hills and, when I was feeling saucy, I would take it to the stairs.

Compton Hill Reservoir Park is not big and it could definitely use some more flowers to perk up the space. The one patch of flowers present ended up being plucked today by two girls who ran away with armfuls of tulips.

When I returned home, I decided to mow the lawn but the lawn mower didn't cooperate for long. Feeling restless, I popped in one of my 10 Minute Solution DVDs and did the upper body workout portion.

Later on, I went to the fitness club because I felt like I had hardly raised my heart rate earlier. The club was so quiet that I could have done cartwheels and I don't think that anyone would have blinked. I like the fitness club when it's full but I also like it when it's quiet. I hopped on the Arc Trainer. Actually, I hopped on about four or five of them because I wanted to watch television but the reception was bad or the buttons on the remote weren't working. So, I said c'est la vie and put on my MP3 player. And the rest is reflected in my sore legs.


Here's the view from the Compton Hill Reservoir Park StairMaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment