Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What Yoga Gave Me

Visual reminder to breathe and keep my cool.
It's officially my birthday and National Yoga Month as well.

For the most part, I've been an even-tempered person and did everything in my power to stay in that zone because when I got angry, it was ugly.

I'm surprised that I did not break a hand or a toe as I had a penchant for pounding and kicking things. Onetime, I went to walk off my anger and saw my hand punching through a tree. Good thing that I didn't try it because, you know, trees don't give.

Once I got to the anger zone, it would take me forever to disengage and I could hold a grudge like nobody's business. I was a bit of an extremist.

And yoga?

Yoga gave me the middle. The vast space in between. It enabled me to let things roll off my shoulders and to not take things personally.

A woman once told me that I had an expansive spirit but I wish that she could see me now...

When I started this blog, my goal was to become leaner and I still have that goal but I have a more important goal -- I want to be kept on my kind-hearted toes.

It is said that when the student is ready, the teacher appears. Mad props to the yoga teachers whose classrooms I have stepped into.

AnnaBridgetCindyDonnaGloriaJaimeJenJeremyKateKellyMadonnaRhonnaRoseSharonVal




1 comment: