Wednesday, September 25, 2013

On My List

Took a warm, deep space stretch yoga class at the studio that I'm trying out. At one point, we had a leg extended -- foot flexed stretching the quad then we moved that leg over, rested on the edge of the foot while holding onto blocks placed at the side of the body; mmmm, the mother of all stretches for the IT Band. It was an intense class but yummy. I enjoyed the heat. Plus, some maneuver helped to ease my ongoing knee tweak. And, oh yeah, gotta get me one of those green balls to roll out muscle knots.

Probably should have saved the deep stretch class for today. Went to kettlebell after taking off last week for birthday festivities. Marisa didn't name the workout but it should have been called The Filthy Fifty.

50 Two-Hand Swings
50 Push-Ups
50 Snatches
50 Triceps Dips
50 Mountain Climbers
50 Clean and Presses
50 Hand-to-Hand Swings
40 "V" Sit-Ups
40 Around the Body with a Catch
40 Alternating Lunges etc. etc. etc.

I think triceps dips are on my list, right behind burpees, of things that make me wince. After the dips, I was dragging and didn't feel like I had it in me but when I saw Princess Tiffany, Julia and Jessica Rabbit gutting it out, I didn't dream of stopping which is why I keep going to kettlebell class. I need instructor and peer pressure at least once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment