Sunday, September 15, 2013

Peace to the Body

Yoga birthday class yesterday. Yoga Within the Confluence Under the Arch today. Life is good.

Slept well and woke up on time which still did not stop time from getting away from me.

Knocked half of my smoothie over and had to mop up the mess and throw clothes in the washing machine.

Headed straight to Arch parking because the Color Runners had pretty much taken up meter parking...

Gloria found me and I moved my mat next to hers. Not too long after that, Alison found us.

Saul David Raye guided with music guests Sean Johnson and the Wild Lotus Band in the background.

Amazing weather. Amazing everything. 



I wanted to say Talk that talk... to Saul David Raye who said stuff like:

Peace to the body...*

Don't miss an opportunity to get out of your mind...

No mean looks...

Smile...

Say yes to something that you need to say yes to...(with arms lifted upwards for emphasis)...I know that some of you wanted to say no...

Shake your body and if you feel self-conscious, shake it more...

It's good to let "it" out...

Just like the Arch has elevators, we're trying to get our inner elevator up...

Electromagnetic field...

The heart sends out the most energy...

The right side is masculine and is acquainted with stepping forward...**

Raye said that we all have stress etc. but the goal is to move that energy through and out of the body and at the end of the practice, Raye told us that we were supported. 

And I did feel supported with Alison in front of me -- energetically reaching out...Flying with Gloria and my other neighbor who had on a Namaste shirt...

During locust pose, we grabbed each other's hands and lifted up. Totally cool. Also cool when we borrowed our neighbor's legs. Um, maybe you had to be there for that one. 

Raye talked a lot of about energy which, of course, grabbed my attention since I am a Healing Touch student. I thoroughly enjoyed being stretched out with my hands touching the grass. We also did some variation of earth salutations which I adore.

Raye said that this sutra, Lokah Samasta Sukhino Bhavantu, (May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts and actions of our lives...) keeps the heart open and I can attest to that. I often say it in the morning while doing a self-chakra connection and it works...This sutra caught on with me after hearing Gloria start class with it so many times...

After 90 minutes of practicing, shaking and flying, SDS bid us farewell with Peace and blessings to you on this sacred journey.

Namaste...


Like This Picture of Alison and Gloria

The Old Courthouse



*Perhaps something that I need to say yes to...

**Had a similar discussion with my massage therapist as she tried to unlock the stiffness surrounding my right knee...

No comments:

Post a Comment