Monday, May 16, 2011

The Gospel According to Patti, (More)

  • I sound so glib but nothing was taken out of context.


  • Patti after reading The Gospel According to Patti



  • A body in motion stays in motion...You know what I mean? I just don't stop.

    Re: my disbelief with Patti's route stamina




  • It's all between the ears.

    Patti's commentary when you're stuck on a rock. She frequently tells me that I blast past the harder moves while getting stumped by simple stuff.





  • My child is still so trusting. I don't know how she got to be that way living in the house with the two of us.



  • Patti: Just do it.

    Me: Isn't that a Nike slogan?

    Patti to me while I was perched somewhere in the middle of What's Next?, a 5.9 route



  • "He who hesitates is lost." They don't just say that for no reason...

    Patti to me as I was perched on yet another route



  • Trust your feet.

    Patti to me.



  • Me: You're stubborn.

    Patti: Ya think? I've been married for almost 30 years and I have three kids that have been to college. You've been climbing with me all this time and don't know that?*



  • There you go being a purist again...

    Patti after my commentary on how someone climbed a route.



  • Patti: Our heat went out...Yadda yaddda yadda....(Climbing) Schedule...

    Me: Okay.

    Patti: “Okay…?" Where’s the sympathy? Where’s the love?

    Me: OMG...Are you okay? Are you warm? Would you like for me to bring you coffee, thermal underwear, blankets???



  • You get all the credit.


    An oldie but goodie. Patti's response after I thanked her for coaching me up a 5.8 when I first started climbing.


  • ***
    *H♥ppy 30th Anniversary to Mike and Patti.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment