Friday, May 20, 2011

Driving The Bike

Today is Drive Your Bike to work day in The Lou and since I've been talking mucho smack about bicycling to work one of these days, I dragged my bicycle out of the basement just in case. I didn't know if I would be alert enough to pull it off but I packed my lunch, put Chobani lemon yogurt, a sliced apple and a Budget Travel in my backpack and hopped on board.

Trust me when I say that I was fully alert by the time that I got to work.

I walked to a nearby park and had lunch. This teenager stopped to ask me about the leaves in my water and she wasn't the last person to inquire.

It's supposed to rain for the next five days or so but I got perfect weather for bicycling to work -- not too hot and a breeze. Maybe I'll drive my bike to work more often.

It was so weird when I pulled up in front of my house and the car, complete with bike rack, was just sitting there...

No comments:

Post a Comment