Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Overheard At The Gym, II

  • If you turn that equation (photosynthesis) around, it's combustion. Chris (one of my climbing partners)





  • Stuck Climber: I don't know what to do.


  • Belayer: Keep going up.


  • Less blood in the feet, more blood in the hands. A climber that I was sitting next to; we sighed after taking our rock climbing shoes off.



  • I have a lot of vacation time but not a lot of money. (new, gray-eyed) Mike's assessment on the beauty and cheapness of climbing outdoors.



  • After I got caught blatantly reading the back of someone's t-shirt with tea etiquette quotes.


  • My friends and I went camping and someone brought The Complete Works of Oscar Wilde. We took turns reading in a British accent; it was so much fun.


  • Belayer: What are you doing?


  • Climber (on a 5.10 route): I don't know.



  • Climber: Oh, sh@t. Take!



  • Lead Climber: I hate falling.


  • Belayer: Then don't fall; keep on climbing.


  • Voilà.... F#%@.... Voilà.... Nice... (Two climbers who talk, primarily, in French but like to drop bombs in English.)
  • 3 comments:

    1. Cursing in other languages is cool, but few words have the perfection of the eff word.

      ReplyDelete
    2. @gingersnapper,

      It's amazing that a lot of people go for learning the curse words first.

      *The perfection of the eff* sounds like it should be a title...



      @Diane,

      That's what I've been telling myself of late. Maybe that should be my new mantra -- never give up...

      ReplyDelete