Sunday, October 31, 2010

Month-End Review, October

As you all might have guessed by now, I kinda like looking back at the month that was. When I exercise, I note it but I'm usually surprised by what activity I engaged in the most.

My one-two punch was rocking climbing and Wii activities. While rock climbing burns a lot of calories, you don't spend a lot of time on routes; significant time is devoted to safety checks and, in our case, yakking.

I have a feeling that Gingersnapper will back me up on a few inclusions in my exercise tally. Yeah, I'm including the time I hand-washed my poor pollen and sap-saturated car and my stint raking leaves.

And, to tell the truth, raking leaves engaged my glutes more than Pilates or squats. There was also the added bonus of feeling like I was in one big Zen garden. Hope the neighbors didn't mind me singing somewhere in the vicinity of the top of my lungs...


10 Minute Solution: 5 Day Get Fit Mix

  • Power Yoga, 1 x


  • 10 Minute Solution: Rapid Results: fat burner

  • Cardio Max, 1 x


  • Power Sports Drills, 1 x



  • 10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!

  • Stretching, 4 x's



  • Bicycling, 2 x's


    Car Washing, 1 x


    Cardio and Muscle Class, 3 x's


    Lawn Mowing, 1 x


    Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training

  • 15-Minute Upper Body Circuit, 3 x's


  • Raking Leaves, 1 x


    Rock Climbing, 9 x's


    Swimming, 5 x's


    Walking, 9 x's


    Wii Fit Plus, 16 x's

    * * *


    Route/Rock Climbing Tally for Oct. 31st and it was scary y'all:

  • Kristin's Farewell, 5.8

  • Life in the Pack, 5.8

  • Billy Goat Chips & Life in the Pack, 5.8 (Combination i.e. rainbow climbing)

  • Where the Beer Flows Like Wine, 5.8

  • Now, That's More Like It!, 5.9 (See Below)

  • Photosystem, 5.9

  • Six Week Warrior, 5.9

  • Slammed, 5.9 (Attempted)






  • How was your October?

    4 comments:

    1. I think you did a great job! Kudos to you!!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Wooh! Congratulations on 5.9.

      Also HELLYES leaf-raking counts.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Lookin' good!! You are a warrior :)
      October was a crazy busy month for us...birthdays, parties, girl scouts, school, moving!
      everytime we pass the REI headquarters here in Seattle I think of you!
      they have a ginormous rock climbing wall inside the front of the building that you can see from the street. it's only $4 to go in and climb!
      i've been climbing a couple times before, but i gotta hit up the REI wall for sure!

      ReplyDelete
    4. @Diane,

      Thanks.



      @gingersnapper,

      I felt good about that 5.9 -- not while I was on the wall, mind you. :)

      Patti was egging me on so that helped as well...



      @Heather,


      :o, I didn't know about REI and Seattle; that's sweet and the price is right for climbing.

      Also, I'm sure that you got in quite a bit of exercise in the process of moving...

      ReplyDelete