Tuesday, December 13, 2011

You're Taken or Overheard Everywhere

  • You should be more respectful to your belayer.

    Leah to her friend Jessica


  • Do they sell gloves or something? My fingers hurt.

    Newbie rock climber


  • Excuse me; it's overflowing.

    Woman in Trader Joe's new to the coffee grinder. I reached around her and apologized as I shook her can to make room for more coffee.


  • Cekaj! Cekaj, man!

    One horse playing Bosnian to another while in the pool. Cekaj = wait...


  • You need to get out. Now...

    Lifeguard to man who got up a full head of steam and dived into the shallow end.


  • I'll climb anything from a 5.2 to a 5.12.

    Yusuf


  • Climber: It wasn't pretty.

    Her friend: It was beautiful. I'm very proud of you.


  • I like leeks in everything...

    Coworker


  • The body has an amazing ability to heal itself if given the proper nutrition.

    Bryan, acupuncturist



  • Climber: Take.

    Belayer: You're taken.

    When the climber has reached the top of a route, he or she usually says "take" or "take it up" and the belayer says "gotcha." The belayer, in this instance, is a native French speaker and I really like the way he turned the phrase after his climber asked for a "take."
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment