Saturday, December 24, 2011

On The Fourth Day of Yoga

My Monday night yoga teacher said that she would be subbing at another branch of my gym. I thought it would be nice to get all centered for, not only Christmas Eve, but for transitioning to 2012.

As I got out of my car, I saw other people emerge out of their cars with telltale mats in a variety of colors.

The instructor for Drills to Make You Sweat took her class up until the absolute last second. A little rude if you ask me.

Our yoga class was full but not uncomfortably so. There was a wife and husband with their son attending and I thought that was pretty cool...

So, I started yoga with Donna on Monday. Did Candlelight Restorative Yoga on Wednesday, Hot Yoga on Thursday and, as I ended my week with yoga, Donna was her usual supportive self telling us to honor our bodies and reminding us that:
Your breath is your power.
During my first class with the Yoga Nazi Jeremy, he told us that yogis have lived without food and without water but not without prana.

Okay, living without prana is not a groundbreaking revelation but what Jeremy did do for me was to help me with breathing. As he reminded us to breathe, he did a five count for the inhalation and a five count for the exhalation. I've been practicing a five count and it's been, surprisingly, helpful as far as me being a better breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment