Monday, July 11, 2011

It Smells Like Play-Doh or Stuff People Say To Me, VII

  • I couldn't do that -- counting calories and watching everything I eat -- but kudos to you.

    My nephew, Dylan, while we were at a wedding reception for one of our aunts



  • It smells like Play-Doh.

    Dylan's comment about my Margaritaville hummus.




  • Me: Is that Chobani pineapple?

    Melinda: Yes.

    Me: Did you get it from Target on Chippewa?

    Melinda: Yes. The woman at Target said they disappear really fast. I told her that's because of my coworker...



  • Don't forget: don't unclip the last two.

    Helga to me as I seconded a route. I'm very glad that she reminded me.



  • You looked like you were afraid that you were going to fall. That's my job. That's what I'm here for...

    Patti reminding me of her belayer responsibilities as I struggled on a route.



  • Associate: I missed you on Saturday.

    Me: (Crumpled brow)

    Associate: At the naked bike ride.

    Me: (explosive laughter)



  • Climber: It's nice to watch someone else climb when you're trying to figure out a route. I did what she just did on that part but she's (Patti) a lot more graceful.

    A climber waiting for the autobelay. The guy is completely right; Patti is a graceful climber.



  • I was cheering for you (as I climbed "Dig In"), spit flew out of my mouth then came back and hit me in the face.

    We were talking about oddness and Laura gave me an example of the odd things that happen to her.



  • I'm a breathing coach too...

    Massage therapist



  • The skinny people who complain about needing to lose weight...we should force feed them lard.

    A friend who's trying to lose weight
  • 2 comments:

    1. This is one of my favorite collections. Love the spit story!

      ReplyDelete
    2. gingersnapper,

      Muchas gracias...

      I got a good laugh out of Laura's spit story.

      ReplyDelete