Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Twofer

Yesterday



Leanne (next door work neighbor): I'm sorry.

Me: What? Did you go to Sweet Art? Oh no...Where's the veggie burger?

Leanne: I forgot. At least I thought about you.



Today


Leanne: I'm at Local Harvest. Do you want a veggie burger?

Me: Yes.

Leanne: It's cold.

Me: I don't care; it can be warmed up.


After work, I go to the refrigerator and I see a container with veggie burger on it.


Ingredients


  • Pinto Beans

  • Carrots

  • Bell Peppers

  • Oats

  • Tomato Paste

  • Yeast

  • Wheat Gluten

  • Bread Crumbs

  • Sage

  • Cumin

  • Mustard

  • Onion

  • Garlic

  • Red Pepper Flakes

  • Salt

  • Pepper


  • The container was much heavier than I expected. I open the lid and discover four veggie burgers for the price of $6.99 -- that's how much you pay for one veggie burger at the Local Harvest restaurant.

    I've been to the Local Harvest store but never spotted the burgers. I am thrilled with Leanne's find and, you know, thrilled that she thought about me.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment