Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Slow And Deep Breathings or Month-End Review, May

I was going to say that my vow to stretch went out the window but since I did more yoga, I'll say it's an even exchange. Well, it's not really even. An hour of yoga trumps 10 minute stints of stretching and is almost as good as a massage. Although with massage, I never feel as if my abs have been worked over.

Slow and deep breathings -- that's what my yoga instructor likes to say especially when we're doing warrior poses. Does a good warrior possess the ability to get into battle stance, breathe deeply and assess the situation? Maybe battle is engaged in after one's neck has popped a couple of times which is the sound my neck made at least twice when we made slow circles with our heads this evening... And what's battling got to do with it anyway?

Here's how I took care of business this month -- popping and all:

10 Minute Solution: Kickbox Bootcamp


  • Basic Training, 1 x



  • 10 Minute Solution: Tone Trouble Zones!


  • Stretching, 2 x's



  • Bicycling, 2 x's



    Give Me 10!


  • Fat Blasting Cardio, 1 x



  • Lawn Mowing, 3 x's



    Personal Training With Jackie: Power Circuit Training


  • 15-Minute Upper Body Circuit, 3 x's



  • Total Body Circuit, 1 x



  • Rock Climbing, 7 x's


    Swimming, 7 x's


    Walking, 14 x's


    Yoga (Gentle), 4 x's




    What about your May?

    5 comments:

    1. My May was okay, especially towards the end of the month when I really got motivated to walk faster/farther. You did a lot of working out!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I haven't been able to comment on your blog for a while, it doesn't even show the Post a Comment field. I finally updated my browser so it works, and now I find myself with nothing to say.

      Oh the irony.

      ReplyDelete
    3. @Diane,

      I'm sure that your end of the month momentum will carry over into June.

      Even though I've been exercising consistently, I've been, like you, trying to push myself harder.



      @gingersnapper,

      ☺ Definitely an ironic and momentous occasion.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Farty Girl,

      I do my best to get the job done. ;)

      ReplyDelete