Sunday, September 1, 2013

Soft Eyes And The Spot Taker

Spotted Alison and Gloria on the parking lot as I reached back to grab my yoga mat. Alison was so happy with her coffee and imminent asanas that she forgot hers.

I looked over my shoulder and saw someone unrolling their mat in Gloria's spot. Thought it was a student that Gloria was letting guide the class and I allowed myself a brief moment of disappointment before telling myself that it was okay but Alison just thought that the spot taker didn't know how the class was set up and that turned out to be the case.

As I grabbed the top of my newly laundered shirt to wipe sweat off my face, Gloria said Do you all feel the heat? I feel like you guys are mad at me.

No, not mad. Just trying to keep up.

It's National Yoga Month and I'm glad that I was able to practice today. Didn't spend as much time as I would have liked on the mat last month but I plan to make up for lost time.

It's also my birthday month. Got an email from Pure Barre La Jolla. If I take a class, my birthday gift is another class or free pair of socks.

Also got an email from The Pilates Room: We wish you to pamper yourself with a healthy body, mind and spirit.

Wish that I had planned to be in Cali for my birthday.

I've been watching Orange Is The New Black like so many others. The soft eyes scene amused me...

No comments:

Post a Comment