Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just Say Polo or Month-End Review, August

Decided to go to the pool after dinner instead of after lunch so I wouldn't have to worry about eating too late. It turned out to be a good decision. There was sun but not too much over the pool which I shared with one adult and six kids. The water? Divine.

Just say Polo, one of the other kids told a Marco Polo newbie.

I did the backstroke. The elementary backstroke. The front crawl. I floated. I watched a hawk eat dinner and I watched the sun set.


The kids left. I sang to myself and reluctantly hoisted myself out of the pool.

As I walked toward Hazira's to return her key, I saw lightning animate the sky. Wished Hazira had been at home so that I could have scored watermelon.

Popped in my Music to Quiet the Mind CD and thought of Mark Twain. It is lightning that does the work...


How I worked in August:

Bicycling, 3 x's

Boxing, 3 x's

Climbing, 2 x's

Ellen Barrett Live: fusion floor workout*



Kettlebell, 4 x's

Sleek Sculpt Express, 1 x

Stretch Max with Stability Ball, 3 x's

Swimming, 8 x's

Unclassified, (Carrying, Toting, Lifting...Festival Prep)

Walking, 6 x's

Yoga, 4 x's


*Disclosure: I received this video without charge.


No comments:

Post a Comment