Sunday, August 11, 2013

The French Namesake

Lots of Admirers
It has been a grand weekend. Went along with Hazira to her mentor's house. He hosted a dinner party for his French friends.

Three hours of eating and talking and no one touched a cell phone. So civil. I decided not to be picky about food. My aperitif was water but I ate the grape and cheese appetizer. Also ate the mozzarella cheese and tomato. Ditto for the decadent hash brown casserole with cornflakes. I had the chocolate mousse --two shot glasses of it. The whole time I was hoping that the French paradox would rub off on me the way it had rubbed off on Martine...

Went to Gloria's twisted 9:00 a.m. class. Took a seat in the front and thought about how I no longer hide in the back.

The class was packed and it was pretty cool. Lots of amazing energy. My mat neighbor and I alternated hoisting our hands and watched out for each other during spinal twists.

I kept thinking about how twists are supposed to be cleansing. A lunge with a twist and pigeon with a twist are pretty intense and I had to keep reminding myself not to hold my breath.

I was fully alert and energetic after class. Spotted Alison all the way in the back with her fuzzy mat carrier. Among other things, Alison is a champion hugger. We talked about tracking calories and other tools for a good 15 minutes...

My mat neighbor beamed at Alison and me after class. It's a glorious day she said. And another one who came into class about halfway in said that she felt amazing as well and that she was glad that she came.

DJ Gloria hipped me to Michael Chapdelaine. Many thanks. Digging Blue Chile right now and Chapdelaine is also a reminder that I need to put Tuck and Patti tunes on my iPod.

I texted a friend and told her that I met her French namesake and that it reminded me of one of our professors who used to sing her name. The one who liked my New York accent?, she asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment