Sunday, August 18, 2013

Climbing, Coldness and Compassion

Went climbing after almost a month away and, as Nick said, Anything more than two weeks and you're starting over. I didn't do too bad and my knee, oddly enough, felt less tight after climbing. I was also inspired by Patti who had a 40 plus bicycle outing planned and Nick who didn't want to overdo it with climbing since he had to bicycle about 18 miles to get home...

Again, be compassionate, Gloria said this a.m. as we got into resting swan on the second leg. Even though resting swan is an intense pose, I like it and can usually make a home in it. I did have to be compassionate with my knee though. I had to help my leg get into place. You don't miss being tweak-free until...

After yoga, made a smoothie then made coffee. Decided to forgo a walk and unclutter for 30 minutes then gave myself permission to go to the pool.

Ugh, Jackie said as she got into the water. That's the same way that I feel about the coldness but Jackie is better than I am at ripping off the proverbial Band-Aid.

As I drank a sip of water, I noticed this mother looking in my direction. She was telling her youngster to watch out for me. As I got to the end of the lane, I looked up and saw his little face staring down at me. I gave him the go ahead. Each time, he waited. Such a good listener...

Around lap 11, my counter slipped off my finger. Minor problem. I don't dive -- didn't take that swimming class and not quite confident enough in my abilities. On the return trip, I saw that my lap counter was resting at the bottom of 11 feet of water.

Soooooooo...

Zach, do you mind...?

I'm pretty sure that I surprised Zach by knowing his name but I heard his mother shout Zach!Zach!Zach! on Tuesday night when a water walker inexplicably wandered into his lane even though Zach had been swimming laps (fast) for quite a while.

I asked Zach if we would get the lap counter after he finished with his training because I didn't want him to get in trouble with his mother. As soon as Zach and his mom got to the pool, she told him to find a lane and get in...

Talked to Jackie in the locker room. She has about 20 marathons under her belt and is always in some race. She showed me her swollen knee and advised me to put ice on mine (while watching TV or something). Patti also suggested ice. Don't know why it never occurs to me to try RICE.


No comments:

Post a Comment