Friday, November 2, 2012

Tell Them to Make a Note or Stuff Massage Therapists Say


One of my friends told me that massage is a luxury and, to a certain extent, it is. Even though I go back and forth about whether or not I’m being decadent, I do know what stress has done to my body and I know what it’s capable of doing. It’s been a crazy, seemingly never-ending week and, if I could, I’d head straight to a massage therapist. At any rate, I wanted to share some of things that massage therapists have said to me…

  • Compared to the right, the left side of your back felt tight and your hamstrings...What have you been doing to your body?


  • Me: Were you on automatic?



    MT: I tune out. I mean that I tune out in order to tune in...I'm listening to the music etc.



    Explanation to me after foot was massaged, an area that I usually have avoided...


  • Me: It (calf) smarts when I put pressure on it.


    MT: Then, I apologize in advance for what I'm about to do.


  • When you call, tell them to make a note to warm the oil...


  • Your shoulders look good...


  • Oh, that's good; that's deep into the muscles.



    Response when I said that my armpits were sore


  • I can see the tension. When I told MT about tweaked neck…


  • Me: You certainly are chipper today.



    MT: I've been massaging all day. It's kind of like the feeling you get working out at the gym.


  • You're tight today so let me know if I go too deep…


  • Your deltoids are popping...


  • Are you doing something like CrossFit?


  • It's the regular "waa waa" music...


  • Take off your earrings...


  • Take as much time as you need...


  • Be good to yourself...

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment