Thursday, March 27, 2014

Does That Count?

Do I look like someone who takes vacation? Had to laugh when the doctor in Dallas Buyers Club asked that question. I took one of my use it or lose vacation days. So nice. Got a lot accomplished.

Went swimming and it was really good to be back at the pool. Saw Chatty Kathleen who I hadn't see in months since she switched from the p.m. to the a.m. session. Kathleen has lost about half of her weight. I was totally curious but didn't bring it up because she didn't. Plus, she looked a bit jadna as The 'Fugee would say.

Pretty much holding up my year-old TYR with two shoestrings. It's chlorine proof but not that proof. Duct tape crossed my mind this morning but, yeah, it's time to get a new suit.

By now I've usually taken a vacation but I've been indecisive about so many things. Plus, feeling like a bit of a homebody. Although, the ocean moves me greatly and calls my name.

Also went for a walk and listened to Krista Tippett's conversation with Brene Brown. Tried to read Brown's Daring Greatly but couldn't get into it. Thinking about giving The Gift of Imperfection a try. I also think about revisiting Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project.

While I walked, got fascinated with the shapes of leafless trees. Does that count as walking meditation?




Such a gray day that the pictures look black and white...

No comments:

Post a Comment