Thursday, September 19, 2019

Carried Away...

Didn't have any major plans for my birthday and, in fact, did not really feel like celebrating. My aunt G, though, usually asks "What are we going to do?"

I like to go to breakfast for my birthday but knew that my mother would not be up in time. Thought about taking a trek to St. Genevieve but nixed the idea when LaBonne Bouchee, a French bakery/restaurant, popped into my head. My aunt and mom enjoyed the little field trip and the food was tasty...

Hand-washed my car as I hadn't done it in ages. Plus, it needed to go the dealer for a minor recall and I didn't want it to look like an uncared for car.

For the rest of the day, I chilled out until it was time for Restorative Yoga with Singing Bowls -- a class that I've been doing with a YTT classmate. Last night was our sixth outing.

Love seeing people who look completely relaxed and I love to hear the sound of snoring. A woman who came last night said that it was as if the singing bowls were carrying her stress away...

Went to take care of the recall today and I normally wait on my car then walk to a coffee shop. Spotted a bagel place along the way and decided that I wanted to go there. Imagine the horror when I discovered that I didn't have my wallet after I had placed the order. Had my coin purse but since I had washed my car, there were only nickels, pennies and dimes in it which didn't add up to enough to cover my bill.

Told the cashier and the guy let me have the bagel anyway. That was so nice of him. Checked out his badge and I'm planning to send the money back via mail.

I usually carry my wallet without the purse when I take my singing bowls because it’s once less thing to worry about gathering. Lesson learned though.

No comments:

Post a Comment