Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Walk

We were allowed to leave work early on Friday because of inclement weather.

Yesterday was reminiscent of the previous Friday in that it rained and rained. Last week, I stayed home and alternated between reading Pachinko and watching Jack Ryan.

While the cars and trees were iced, the ground wasn't affected and I ended up going for, an hour, to Stacy's yoga teacher training. She sent out a call for several volunteers and I had no idea why she wanted us there for but she said there was no need to prepare.

As I walked in, it became apparent that the trainees were on there social justice unit and I sat down as one of the presenters, Shawn, said Our liberation is tied together...

Shawn and Liz finished with their presentation and the volunteers introduced themselves.

We ended up doing a Privilege Walkwhich I had never heard of. There were at least five people in the room who had done the walk before. The exercise left me very sad and practically speechless. When I get upset, my throat literally aches; there's almost an instant soreness...

I miss my Saturday Zumba routine. Wasn't feeling it but I decided to go swimming. I was texting with Alison beforehand and told her how I missed Zumba and she responded "Tell me about it."

Alison hasn't been able to attend Zumba classes because of ongoing knee issues and I told her, yeah, I thought about that right after I sent the text.

So, I went to the pool and I had that feeling that I've had before of not knowing whether or not I'd be able to swim a single lap but I swam that lap and 21 additional laps and I felt better afterwards — emotionally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment