Monday, November 19, 2018

The Goal

Crystal Singing Handle Bowl Sweetness
Made it through the sound therapy training and it's interesting that "finishing" is a concern of mine lately.

On Friday, I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that I had pretty much made it through the training and that Saturday was for, the most part, a formality.

There are some things that I wish I had researched even further but, overall, I'm pleased with the training. Witnessed many classmates fall soundly asleep as we practiced different techniques. The goal was to relax the body and that's what happened the majority of the time. I'm excited to try the therapy on someone other than my classmates...

One woman said that returning to St. Louis was a double-edged sword because she knew that memories of her deceased parent would come flooding back but she said that it was also the first time that she had been able to laugh and relax.

I also felt a shift -- relaxation and empowerment. I've been worried about my mom and I still am but I don't feel gripped by fear.

We got loosey-goosey on day five and the trainer was like Don't make me get up on a chair but, as you can see by the expression on her face, she was joking. She said that we were a good group and, in other trainings, she's had to to get up on a chair from day one to redirect people's attention etc.


The trainer, Beth, usually has a co-teacher but she wasn't available so Beth brought her daughter along. I got a kick out of seeing her daughter grab a pillow and lie down on the floor before almost anyone else. Beth joked, "Now all I have to do is grab a singing bowl and she falls asleep."

I had classmates from Florida, Kansas, Texas and Wisconsin. I'm going to miss being in the sound cocoon with them.

One of my coworkers saw my posts about the sound training and she said that her sister told her that sound therapy is becoming very popular in Vietnam. When I asked her if she was interested, she said, "No, I don't have any stress. In my country it's very stressful; here, it's not." And I had almost forgotten that this coworker was held up at gunpoint in the middle of the day...

In the picture below, we're doing an experiment to see how the singing bowl vibrates.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing sound therapy! I wish you could practice it on me.

    I found this cat purring website (purrli.com) that is meant for humans to enjoy, but I've been playing it for Ingvor and it's really made a difference - much less growling and hissing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I would love to practice on you!

    That is so cool that the purring website helps Ingvor. I'm going to let my friends with cats know about it.

    ReplyDelete