Sunday, April 18, 2021

Swarming Season

I was walking several days ago and this man told me that there was a swarm a bees around the corner and that he'd never seen anything like it. Same.

Not sure what I was expecting but there were about 200 or more bees and I was thinking about the problem that the homeowners had on their hands because the bees were right about the walk to the house.

When I went back later, the bees were gone. 

Mentioned it to a friend who took "overflow" bees from her dad and she said, "It's swarming season; hope they like their new home."

How is it that I've never seen a swarm of bees before? I also saw a goldfinch in my yard for the first time...

Went to my aunt's, along with my mother, to finish watching the National Geographic Series, Genius:Aretha. 

My aunt sang along until they got to the more modern Aretha songs like "Sister Are Doin' It For Themselves" and I Knew You Were Waiting For Me" and she was like "I don't know that one..." and I totally knew them but never thought much, at the time, how artist fight to stay relevant.

Walked in the park and spotted a woodpecker. Also enjoyed the tulips in the park and wanted to see them before the next set of flowers appear. 




And I am still enjoying my tulips. There are still a few more that are about to bloom. 


And now I feel brave enough to try to plant zinnias -- fingers-crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment