Saturday, April 23, 2022

Best Laugh

On Wednesday, prepared to "lose myself to dance," and signed up for virtual Zumba but thought it was weird that the screen said the instructor would join five minutes before class; that screen is not usually there when I log on.

Had my iPod with me because I wanted to wish the 'Fugee a good night so I immediately saw an Instagram message from the Zumba instructor telling me that there would be no class and that she had posted the cancellation on social media. I'm in Argentina, she wrote.  That was the best laugh that I had all week -- maybe the only laugh that I had all week…

It's been hard for me to find a book after reading Circe. Started reading I Am I Am I Am: Seventeen Brushes with Death. First of all, thought that I had read one of the essays before but couldn't remember when or where. Anyway, couldn't get into it. Next, I picked up Interior Chinatown and Walking in Wonder: Eternal Wisdom for a Modern World but couldn't totally get into either one of those. I was thinking about reading Cleopatra and Frankenstein but nixed that idea. Hoping to find a book that I can get lost in soon...

Got invited to a yoga class at the Earth Day celebration today but turned it down. Told my friend that I was exhausted and knew that the grass needed to be cut because of all the rain and I wouldn't have the energy to do both.

Woke up at my usual going-to-work time but stayed in bed and watched another episode of Better Call Saul. Think that I must have watched about five or six episodes and it just felt right to stay close to home.

The grass was a struggle to cut because it was tall and also still wet so I mowed almost all of the backyard then took a break. One of the arms on the lawnmower is broken and then I took another break. Got an old sync chord to see if I could wrap it around the handle. I used duct tape the first time. The handle would stay put for awhile then not work so I had to keep stopping which was frustrating.

After dinner, planted zinnia seeds and put up caution tape because my uncle sometimes helps with yard work and I'm hoping that the visual cue will help him stay away from the flowers.


Like Circe, I feel that Better Call Saul has come into my life at just the right time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment