Sunday, April 3, 2022

Ruffled

Started teaching yoga at work again but, lately, I've been feeling so sour that I thought that it was unfair to do so.

Did self-talk and explored the reasons why one does yoga and, of course, one of the reasons is to recalibrate.

Passed one of my ruffled co-workers in the hall and she said, I wish this were a yoga day — an omen for me to continue but, alas, I will probably have to pause yoga due to a new person at work who also made my recent three day work week feel like a six day one…

The 'Fugee came and now has returned to her homeland. While the ‘Fugee was here, she typically spent time with me on Fridays and Sundays. On Fridays, I barely felt like I belonged to the human species. Can't say that I felt much better on Sundays as they tend to be long days too. At any rate, think I miss my Sunday time with the 'Fugee the most and also being in the same time zone.

One of my former co-workers from about 10 years ago, has been looking for a job off and on. I enjoy her Twitter posts about "sharing the salary" etc. Recently, after several interviews, she posted MITA. Had to go and look it up.

Sometimes people will having you believing MITA...

Last week was such a trash week that I strongly felt the need to go to my hometown and take a walk and connect with my ancestors. After that, went to visit my cousin and, without telling her what a crappy week that I'd had, she started telling me about Brittany Packnett Cunningham being on Cross Connection talking about microaggressions directed toward Black women. I'm never surprised by such aggression and brought up how no Black woman is immune. Remember that time Oprah was in Switzerland, asked to see a purse and was refused. Or, as a former colleague said, racism never takes a break. Looking at you, too, sexism and...

Took my mother for a walk today and, as we started off, she took my arm and hooked hers around mine; she's never done that before; she got that ritual from the 'Fugee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment