Saturday, July 16, 2022

Pardon my obsession with zinnias...

When I think about it, I don't think that I tried to start any from seed last year. It's a good thing that I decided to start growing a batch inside because the seedlings are the only ones that seem to be doing well and this little batch of pink, purple and red makes me smile...

Went to see the sunflowers at the Columbia Bottom Conservation Area. 

What is it about a field of sunflowers that is so nice? The conservation area is very peaceful too and I was stunned to see a blue bird in the fields. How did I get to be "this many years old" and never see a Indigo Bunting bird?

Learned that the sunflowers are used to attract mourning doves in September as part of hunting season and that's really something that I wish that I could unlearn. 





No comments:

Post a Comment