Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Theme For The Evening

Went to a sound meditation on the SIUE campus on Friday night. Somehow, I had no idea about the Fuller Dome, also known as the Center for Spirituality and Sustainability.

I don't have a ton of energy on Fridays but knew that I could rest once I got there. Plus, sound meditation in a dome! Had to check it out.

Didn't go to that special place that I usually go to during a sound meditation but I still found it relaxing.


I was really drawn to the Burmese gong and the dolphin singing bowl. The latter is an acquired taste but it has called my name before and it was definitely calling my name during the event...

One of my former colleagues asked me if I would teach 15 minutes of yoga to this group that she attends called TuesdaysTogether. Their theme for this meeting was self-care. There was also a meditation teacher there as well and he went after me.

It was my first time teaching outdoors and I felt out of synch. Also, it's hard to tell, sometimes, if you're resonating with people. This woman came up afterwards to tell me that she enjoyed the yoga and she wasn't sure if she'd like outdoor yoga so she'd asked a friend to come along. She liked it and will look around for more outdoor classes.



Another woman told me that she was cranky beforehand and those 15 minutes of yoga helped her to relax.

Found it interesting that out of all the entrepreneurs, there were more photographers than any other profession represented.

No comments:

Post a Comment