Thursday, June 6, 2019

Daylong

Yesterday at work, we had a self-care day that was initiated by the staff appreciation committee; they did a great job of turning a conference room into a haven. There were puzzle, meditation and yoga stations along with soothing music and a tranquility fountain.

I decided to crash self-care day, with permission, by doing a pop-up sound meditation with singing bowls. A couple of people were familiar with singing bowls but I wasn't sure how it would go over with others. As with yoga it's hard to tell, sometimes, what's resonating with people but a couple of people thanked me and someone told me that the sound meditation was lovely...



Stayed at home on Tuesday while a new HVAC system was installed and, yes, it was a pretty penny but I can't complain as the old system was a relic.

Prior to the installation, there was the specialness of getting the problem diagnosed, getting bids and getting over the shock of the price. During the daylong installation, I pretty much read. It was hard to get involved in much else. Even though I didn't see the technicians a lot, they sometimes needed access to additional outlets or to let me know about ladder placement etc.

Otherwise, what have I been up to? Reading, working, working out and all manner of adulting.

No comments:

Post a Comment