Thursday, November 15, 2018

Her Joy


Yes, I took precious PTO to take a sound therapy training and it has been worth it. For about two months now, I've been doing the work of two people. Over it...

On the first day of training, our sound trainer had me cracking up as she, matter-of-factly, asked us not to wear essential oils because, apparently, people who take sound therapy trainings, also like essential oils.

My fellow trainees include a hypnotist, massage therapists, a meditation teacher and yoga teachers. Our trainer is also a yoga teacher (500-hour).

On the first day, I just shook my head about how I get myself into such things but, as I told my fellow trainees, I'm trying to honor my interests.

Our days go something like this: debrief from the 50-minute sound session as giver and receiver; brief sound concert; discussion of new instrument; exploration of new technique; lunch, brief lecture and then hands-on training.

I'm not sure of the science behind it but the sound massage is just as relaxing as a hands-on massage...

For two days, I went to a lunch spot by CityGarden until someone invited me to lunch and I decided to expand my comfort zone and go with D. I will probably go with her again tomorrow because I'm getting such a kick out of her joy in eating meat. Her partner is a hardcore vegan so she doesn't usually eat meat around him. She is enjoying the hell out of her food and, as we eat, she decides, with great enthusiasm, on what she's going to have the next day...


I wish that the 'Fugee, who has absconded to Europe, was around so that I could practice sound therapy on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment