Tuesday, November 13, 2018

This Experiment of Mine

Near CityGarden, downtown STL
Jumped right from yoga teacher training into a sound therapy training. I've had my eye on the sound therapy training for months but when the day arrived, I felt like I had lost my mind.

As I prepared to exit the house, this story came on about the Navy's first female executive officer. The lines that grabbed my attention.
There are a lot of times in life when you are a little nervous or afraid to do something because you think you're going to fail. But so what???
One of my friends said that her friend wanted something to read in the mindful or self-help category. My eyes fell on, Misadventures of a Garden State Yogi which I read but am now curious to re-read now that I'm six months into yoga teacher training.

The author, Brian Leaf, uses a quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson to start Chapter 2:
All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. 
Took a bubble bath tonight as I'm feeling unsettled -- even with all of the sound therapy. Afterward, I made tea and continued reading Skill in Action: Radicalizing Your Yoga Practice to Create a Just World. This book was not assigned for yoga teacher training but Stacy, our trainer, thinks it's an important read so for those of us who want to we're able to swap an assignment. I chose the swap. 



No comments:

Post a Comment