Monday, September 30, 2019

Altogether

My next-door neighbor happened to stop by on my birthday and she came back the next day sharing flowers that she somehow inherited. It was a lovely and huge bouquet.

Right before my birthday, the 'Fugee's niece stopped by to bring me something from the 'Fugee and I was totally surprised when she rounded the corner with flowers. I could feel the smile spread across my face...

Finished with the Restorative Yoga with Singing Bowls series or, as Jocelyn dubbed it, the Restorative Sound Experience. I'm going to miss it.

Told Jocelyn that I see why people want their own yoga studios. There's only so much space on the class roster. Soooo, I've been looking at places to possibly rent by the hour. The most affordable one is usually booked solid. Plus, it's not accessible so it wouldn't be a great fit anyway.

I'm a bit shocked by how much places charge for rentals. I wish money wasn't the bottom line for so many experiences... I keep thinking about how so many yoga teacher trainings have that teach yoga or deepen your practice verbiage built in. For me, it's been hard to resist the yoga/sound therapy call even though I went into training for the deepen my practice... part.

We are on schedule for three times in December for our Restorative Sound Experience but what to do with myself during this two-month hiatus? Of course, I also have plenty to do and plenty that needs to be done -- like my eternal uncluttering project...

Not sure why I hadn't listened to the Oprah's Super Soul podcast before but I checked it out. The first episode that I chose was Marie Forleo's  Everything Is Figureoutable and then, as I cooked yesterday, listened to the Shaka Senghor's episode Prison Taught Him the Power of Love, Forgiveness and Redemption. Both episodes were uplifting. On the way to Zumba today, I listened to part of the Tracy Morgan episode.

Also finished listening to the very powerful Living on Overtime episode of 10% Happier and, on Sunday, I watched the segment of  CBS Sunday Morning with Jim and Jeannie Gaffigan.


Altogether, the various episodes were moving reminders about love and seizing the moment.


2 comments:

  1. My co-workers who yoga found that there's a lunchtime class in the office building across the street. We spoke with the instructor one day and as far as I can tell, the agency isn't charging her for the space, because they're looking at it as a sort of benefit for their employees. The students pay $10 each for a class, to pay the teacher. A lot of the buildings around here have BIG conference rooms, and they aren't typically scheduled over lunch time. Wondering how many more classes there are that we just don't know about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very cool that the business sees the yoga class as a benefit to the employees. Thanks for bringing that up.

    I might actually be able to do something at my work place. Would need to see about getting permission for an after-hours gathering though.

    ReplyDelete