Wednesday, October 2, 2019

The Nosedive

Wanted to stay home last night but knew that I would have regrets if I didn't go swimming since I only go once a week and that's not guaranteed lately.

Couldn't find my go-to goggles and, reluctantly, grabbed my back-up pair. Tried to put a positive spin on it like It's lovely to have two pairs of goggles.  The back-up pair is prone to leaking but I made it work.

Got to the school and there was an event so parking was scarce. I almost gave up but then parked away from the pool house then hiked to my destination as my energy took a nosedive.

The locker room was more crowded than usual so I didn't bother to stop and just took my top layer off poolside. Before I did, though, this guy who has been coming to the pool for a long time spotted my Motivated tank and he almost died laughing because I did not look motivated at all.

The water was chilly (as usual) so I stood there and talked to my pool friend for a bit. Somehow, I managed to get in 18 laps and enjoyed most of them too.

When I got home and unpacked my swimming paraphernalia, my #1 pair of goggles fell out of one of the plastic bags that I keep in my pool bag...

As I checked the news, people were talking about the Botham Jean verdict and a lot of people are, rightly, angry. I saw a quote not too long ago and I don't remember it verbatim but it said something like racism destroys you from the inside.





On a yet another note, I'm glad that the Finnish reporter didn't treat Trump with kid gloves.




No comments:

Post a Comment