Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Results

Just finished reading Letters to a Young Muslim. Heard Omar Saif Ghobash on On Being and instantly wanted to read it. Took me a couple of chapters to get into it but I liked it.

I'm going to try to start reading books that have been sitting on my shelves for years. First, I got Walter Mosley's Bad Boy Brawly Brown off the shelf. The very first sentence had less than five words but it reminded me of my dad. We watched Devil in a Blue Dress together and I remember how much he liked the character, Mouse.

It's kind of funny. I almost feel like I had a false start with BBBB at one point as it feels familiar...

Got to the gym and this woman asked me if I was going to Zumba. She had read the schedule and decided to try it. I told her that I couldn't stand the machines anymore. Her response, "Do you get better results with Zumba?" LOL, I haven't thought about results in a very long time. I just know that exercise is good for you and that it is good for me in many ways.

Went by the post office and the clerk asked if I wanted any particular stamps and I said, "The peace stamps." She looked puzzled and pointed to the stamps that I wanted and she said, "Oh, the Woodstock stamp." I said, "Yeah, it says ...peace and music forever..." The clerk started laughing very energetically. She had never noticed the words and then she pointed to the sizable poster on the wall and she said, "Oh my God, I'm so stupid."



I assured her that we all miss things.

She was still laughing as I walked away.

No comments:

Post a Comment