Monday, November 11, 2019

Challenging

On Mondays I go a little bit out of my way to a Zumba class in the county.

Last week, the instructor let us know that she's taking a position at another fitness club in a frou-frou part of town. The class was an uncharacteristically quiet one. The teacher kept saying, "I'm not dead and you still have seven chances to dance with me and we're going to party it up and you can request your favorite songs and, as a matter of fact, you can still workout with me and, literally, request a spot."

I had a little dialogue going on inside my head about how nothing stays the same and how change is inevitable then I started planning to, possibly, shift around my schedule and I also started to think about classmates that I may not see again.

As we exited class, heard another student say that she wouldn't be able to make it to the other gym which is, literally, not a gym; it's like an intentional community. One of my coworkers is familiar with the the place and says that a day pass is $60 dollars...

Yesterday, it was 70 degrees. On my walk, I saw birds eating berries. When I looked up and saw the birds snacking, I was delighted.




Today was a different story. Supposedly, the streets were too warm for snow to build-up but it did build up, mostly, on the grass but it was persistent. My boss, who doesn't usually close or let us go home early, let us go home about an hour early.

Found out that Zumba was cancelled so I did the Latin Cardio on Amazon and a few Zumba videos on YouTube. Working out home is challenging.

Finished Zoya's Story, the second book in my campaign to read books that have been sitting on my bookshelves for a decade or more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment