Saturday, October 5, 2019

Starting Somewhere Else

There have been times when I've been on the St. Louis Riverfront Trail and it's felt like a vacation. Maybe it's the combination of being unplugged, chatting with people and seeing the animals that live there.

At some point during the week, I saw that the temperature would be perfect and I also saw that part of the trail is closed for construction. No matter, I plotted to start at the "end" of the route as opposed to the "beginning."

Got to the Chain of Rocks Bridge and saw that they had closed the parking lot so I turned around and started somewhere else. Also debated about whether I wanted to actually go back in the direction of the bridge because there are wicked hills on that part of the trail.

In the end, decided to give myself a gentle bike ride and I walked my bike up the hills and I didn't try to get to the middle of the bridge. I've only been on my bike about two times this year so I wanted to ease my way back in. So, today, I gave myself the gift of a gentle ride and a pass on chores.


The hill that doesn't look very hilly in this picture.

By the way, Gingerzingi, it was totally brave of you to take that level three vacation...


No comments:

Post a Comment