Monday, January 27, 2020

Precious and Short

My aunt G called on Saturday morning to let me know that my cousin's 58-year-old father had died.

As I drove to the pool later in the day, remembered how I hadn't seen my cousin's father in ages when he greeted me outside the funeral home where my grandmother's service was held.

Thought about my cousin's grandmother who was living with her 58-year-old son and thought about my grandmother, other relatives and silently wished for a do-over while almost immediately telling myself that there are no do-overs.

When I arrived at the pool, the guy who told me about Errol Flynn in Jamaica was at the check-in desk. When I asked him how he was doing he replied, "Still on this side of the grass" and that's always a curious response to me...

Anyway, swam and had the entire pool to myself for quite a while. Got in 22 laps then decided to go to JC Penney as one of my favorite blouses is from there and I could use at least one more shirt. Didn't find anything but when I got in the car, realized that my Fitbit was not on my arm so I went back into JC Penney and back into the dressing room and walked around and couldn't find anything.

I hate losing stuff. Had to ask myself if a tracker has made that big of a difference in my life. Got online to see about a replacement and found out that they no longer make that style. I also have a back-up that I'm not that fond of but couldn't find the charging cord so it's not really a back-up.

I'm hoping that maybe the tracker fell off at the pool...

Was listening to an earlier episode of Gaslit Nation as I ran errands on Saturday and a guest talked about how we need to support people that we like and have a grassroots effort in place. She mentioned that many people like Alexandria Ocasio-Cruz but that AOC is not a superhero and cannot fight the good fight on her on...

While on Twitter, saw a TMZ post about Kobe Bryant and was shocked. I don't really follow basketball as much as I used to but I had also seen a post just the day before about him congratulating Lebron James on surpassing him in scoring.

After the shock,  had to tell myself that he was mortal; it just seemed otherwise on the basketball court...

Went to a YTT Q & A and was talking to my trainer's husband who was also shocked and as we finished up our conversation he said, "Life is precious and short" -- a reminder that we all need once in a while.




No comments:

Post a Comment