Thursday, January 2, 2020

Daze

There seemed to be an unprecedented amount of holiday, food gifts which made me think of Shonda Rhimes' book Year of Yes.

About losing weight, Rhimes concluded that she was saying "yes" to being overweight. I have many truffles, cookies and candy. Definitely not planning on eating it all but it's tempting...

During our Christmas dinner, my uncle said it was Thanksgiving and, later on, a family friend thanked my aunt for the Easter plate. Perhaps, it was the unseasonably warm weather or the fact that we have similar food for the holidays or maybe it's the daze between Christmas and New Year.

On New Year's Eve, I watched the bulk of YogaWoman which seemed like a fitting activity -- for me anyway. I was not looking forward to midnight as people have been clowning with guns on NYE. Unbelievably, the gunfire started around 11:30 p.m. I fell asleep but totally knew when midnight hit because the fireworks and gunfire was off the chart...

A massage therapist that I used to go to returned to the area for the holidays. Couldn't believe that it had been two years, slightly over two years actually.

I went for a session and noticed her Keep Calm and Do Qigong shirt as she greeted me. She talked about how, after two years, her new state is finally starting to feel like home. People weren't sure why she and her partner wanted to move somewhere where they didn't know anyone. She was  like "Maybe this is just a brief stop. Who knows?" I admire her willingness to pull up stakes, start over and go with the flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment