Thursday, August 17, 2023

Walking

Was listening to Choice Words with Samantha Bee -- the episode with Laura Dern and Diane Ladd when Bee said:
I sometimes feel that when you're walking just the movement of your legs lubricates it, like,...
And I was expecting her to say something about synovial fluid, instead she said:
It, like, lubricates your soul.
Guess that's true too. It's amazing what triggers your memory. Was listening to another podcast right before Bee's and the host was talking about how he'd take his mother shopping and they would meet back up hours later. It made me think about when my father would take me to the mall. He had very little patience for shopping so he would sit down somewhere and wait for me. Bee also talked about family secrets which made me think of a family secret that I was shocked to learn about and it also made me think of one of my favorite podcasts, Family Secrets with Dani Shapiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment