Monday, March 6, 2017

It's Okay

I'm getting over a two-day bout of chemical congestion. Went swimming on Friday and the second time in the pool was too much. Don't think I'll be swimming tomorrow... :(

My brother is visiting for a few days and I went into overdrive tidying up -- doing stuff that I should have been doing all along. I am not the world's greatest housekeeper...

The last time that I went to Gloria's house, I had an eye-opening experience. She had about 15 items of clothing in her closet and it made me realize that I don't need half of the things that I have in my closet and it's okay to not have an extensive wardrobe. In fact, there are some things that I haven't touched in over six years. It's time to let go of stuff....

Wasn't sure of what I would cook on Sunday but my eyes fell on a recipe for mushroom quesadillas and it seemed like an easy recipe and so I that's what I cooked and I also took care of my craving for spaghetti squash.




Quesadilla Filling

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to the meditations. I *guess* I could meditate myself, but I'm really liking the guided ones.

    The roasted vegetables look fabulous. That's one of my staples each week, I roast a big pan of veg. Could be anything but is frequently broccoli, carrots, onion, peppers. Fennel is good too.

    I don't have an extensive wardrobe, but if I only kept the things I actually wear, it would be about 15 items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the guided ones too...

    Re: the things you actually wear, I want to say "wow" but when I think about it, I'm pretty sure that I belong to the 15 club too.

    I used to make this vegetable casserole and I need to get back on the roasting train...

    ReplyDelete