Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Purposely

Went to visit my cousin and was taken aback to see Halloween lights. My aunt used to decorate for all occasions -- Valentine's Day, the Fourth of July etc.

When I walked into the house, told my cousin that I wasn't expecting the decorations and she said that she wasn't either. Another cousin had put them up.

I took a deep breath.

It was kind of nice to see the lights and to carry on with one of my aunt's traditions...

Went swimming tonight and was surprised to see Chatty Kathleen who I hadn't see in over four months. She asked me if I knew who was at the pool and she pointed to her granddaughter. I was shocked because I remember her grandchild when she was three or four and now she's ten; time flies, for real.

I purposely stayed in the pool about 15 minutes after I saw CK get out because I know that she takes a while to get ready. Nice try because she was still in the shower when I got there and we ended up walking out of the locker room at the same time. Her granddaughter was staying by her side and also rolling and carrying a bag. At one point, CK stopped to rest since her back was bothering her and, somehow, I had forgotten about the intensity of her back issues. I felt ashamed that I had been slightly annoyed about shower issues.


2 comments:

  1. I like that your cousin put up the lights. It's a happy memory. I always wanted to be the kind of person who celebrates small things, and I don't even celebrate big things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went back the next week, there were more lights up. I asked my cousin if he had fixed them and he said that my other cousin had actually gone out to buy more since one set had stopped working. I think there was an extra fake pumpkin too...

    Are you in the mood to celebrate anything big in the near future?

    ReplyDelete