Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Trippy

The Bowls
One of my colleagues told me about this sound meditation event and I decided to go even though it was the same night as open swim night.

I also had my doubts about sound meditation even though that episode of My Cat From Hell  -- the one with the tuning forks practitioner -- sticks with me. I also know that alternative therapies, like Reiki and Healing Touch, have helped me so I try to keep my mind open.

There were about 20 adults present and we all got cozy.  The sound of the crystal singing bowls sounded a bit trippy but I can't believe how fast the hour went by.

My Space
I slept very well last night and then...today I said something to my colleague that I should not have said. I made the comment after she kept chomping on some very crispy potato chips or something. I guess that I was already in sensory overload mode.

Even thought I had a chance to walk back the comment, I didn't and I'm not proud of myself. Also, if it hadn't been someone that I've worked with for a long time, I could have gotten in trouble for the comment that I made.

One thing's for sure. I have to get back on a regular schedule with yoga and I should probably start meditating again.

3 comments:

  1. I'm always interested in these things you do, because you seem to be actively in search of healing, and yet I don't even know enough about you to know what you're trying to heal from. I guess that's the nature of blogging, in some ways you know people really well and in other ways you're complete strangers. But a lot of times you give me enlightenment about my own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I definitely have a touch of misophonia, and would gladly kill someone who was eating potato chips. I try not to be a jerk, but sometimes it's difficult to restrain the annoyance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still thinking about your comments. I think, in some ways, I have found healing and some of my pursuits are for the purpose of maintenance. I love that quote by Elizabeth Gilbert: You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings...

    Blessings, peace of mind etc.

    And, yeah, I try not to be a jerk but... I think, in this case, I had practiced restraint on a number of issues and, obviously, you're not supposed to suppress\dodge your annoyance to the point where you explode. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete