Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Right Now

Padded Thanksgiving with extra days since I was feeling agitated. Those PTO days feel so precious that I want to save them but feeling really agitated is a good reason to take time off from work. Of course, there's a limit to what PTO is able to solve...

Went to another community sound meditation last night and, toward the end, I thought That is so delightful. The sound healing therapist incorporated bells and a rain stick. Overall, I'm enjoying the sound meditations and I feel like I sleep better afterward.

As I was getting ready for Zumba this p.m., this woman said that I looked very familiar but we don't know each other. Still, she went on to talk about the 10 pounds that she had gained. While we waited for class to begin, I talked about my sweet tooth and she said Please, I have every tooth. About Zumba, I don't know what I'm doing to which I replied Don't make me laugh

Oh, you're going to laugh, she said. After class, she told me that she had escaped a carjacking and that she was moving out of the city because of that incident and the increase in gunfire. 

In other news, I fixed the Coconut Red Curry Vegetable Soup from the Minimalist Baker's cookbook and I loved it. Feeling like my cooking sessions with Gloria has made me a more adventurous cook.


Also, this rain stick with Tibetan bowls needs to be on my iPod right now.

3 comments:

  1. LOL "I have every tooth" and "In other news." You totally stole that from me.

    That increase in gunfire is scary. I live kind-of out in the country, and we hear shooting pretty often. It's typically not alarming because I know it's either hunting or target practice, but sometimes we hear it when it's DARK outside. Who shoots a gun in the dark? Someone not trustworthy.

    Your dreams the other night are interesting. In one you seem victimized and in the other you're the exact opposite, you're a proactive hero.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I steal the recipe???

    Yes, the gunfire in the dark is scary. The day after I wrote this post, I learned about the "Shot Spotter." St. Louis received a $400,000 dollar grant for it. Seems like there's a price tag on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stole the phrase, "In other news" from me.

    ReplyDelete