Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Beginnings


Hibernating seems like such a good idea right now.  Stayed in bed for a long time on Sunday and Monday but I also spent a great deal of time on New  Year's Day cleaning and cooking. It felt like a  good way to start the year and I'd truly like to do major uncluttering and stay on top of household chores in 2018. Felt such a sense of relief when I finished and the space felt different and spacious even though I didn't toss much.

I made no real resolutions but I will make whatever adjustments I feel are necessary to make me happier and content...

I work in an old building and the heating unit was blowing cold air so  it was hard to concentrate (on Tuesday)  and hard to type. One of my coworkers texted me today to say that she could hear water pouring in one of the departments and to stay put as there was no internet quickly followed by no lights. So I stayed put and dealt with work matters until I heard that everyone was told to go home. It was nice to have extra and unexpected time to take care of a few things.

Window at Work

In the spirit of new beginnings, this poem speaks to me:

2 comments:

  1. Your temperatures are so much worse than here that I feel bad complaining. The cold has put me in a real funk. In my defense, though, we didn't have any heat downstairs for three weeks, and that made me feel cold emotionally. And stressed, worrying about the expense to fix.

    I don't have as much of that clean slate feeling this year - still feel tired and depressed. And angry. But I always still have some amount of hope - either that or I lie to myself easily LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some amount of hope will work until it increases. ;)

    I totally understand about your heat because before you commented my thought was at least it's warm at home.



    ReplyDelete