Monday, September 24, 2018

TKO Look

I've gotten another weekend of yoga teacher training (YTT) under my belt.  Learned about restorative and yin yoga from a guest lecturer and she was so well-versed that I felt overwhelmed. Have to continuously tell myself that YTT is a learning experience.


I've also finished another yoga book -- Judith Hanson Lasater's Living Your Yoga and I can see how people totally immerse themselves in the study of yoga or other pursuits...

Went to Zumba today and so many of us had that Monday TKO look on our faces. Zumba definitely helped.

One of my colleagues took me out to lunch even though she had gifted me items already for my birthday. I chose this new smoothie and juice bar and had the Ocean smoothie bowl made with blue spirulina. Not even sure what spirulina is but that smoothie bowl was amazing. My colleague also insisted that I get the avocado toast. I usually make fun of avo toast but this was the most amazing  toast in the whole wide world.



Was also pleasantly surprised when one of my former colleagues rounded the corner with her sweet baby in her arms.


I won't mention how my right shoulder blade was so tight this weekend that I had to stand against the wall, to brace myself, whenever I had to sneeze. My shoulder blade tells me that my stress level is higher than it's been.

2 comments:

  1. What even is that blue spirulina thing?? It doesn't even look like food, it's like rocks in lava or something. Maybe what they spoon onto your back in a spa. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Crazy, I've never had avocado toast, but I want to try it, it sounds delicious. I know occasionally I've made a piece of toast and spread avocado on it, but it's been a heckuva long time since I don't typically eat grains.

    The baby is adorable. I don't care about babies, but have to admit I'm very happy for other people who have them. A couple co-workers this summer had babies and I love to see their photos with the tiny people dressed in adorable onesies with raccoons and balloons on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure about the blue situation. I just decided to be brave and try it and I’m still thinking about it. I’ve been plotting my return.

    When I last so this baby, she didn’t want anything to do with me so I was thrilled that she was interacting a bit more.

    ReplyDelete