Monday, October 22, 2018

The Meditator

A new bed frame was in order since a wheel casing broke making it necessary to prop up a corner of my bed. Thought about replacing the one component but the 'Fugee suggested that, since the frame was ancient, I should go ahead and replace the whole thing. After picking up a new frame, we headed to Marshalls and JC Penney since I wanted to get a backpack with wheels for my yoga books and paraphernalia.

The 'Fugee came over on Saturday and we moved my dilapidated bookshelf, first, then we dealt with the box spring and the mattress and the gigantic dust bunnies that had been living under my bed. As I told the 'Fugee, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but I did sneeze like crazy -- even with a mask on; plus, I ended up with a wicked case of congestion.

It took us about four hours to put the frame together, move the new bookshelf into my room and sort through the, roughly, 20 pairs of shoes that were scattered underneath my bed. The 'Fugee picked up my ladder bookshelf from Aldi after I had expressed interest in having one. We put that together about two weeks ago and it remained in the living room until the frame was delivered...

The 'Fugee attending to fine details. 
The 'Fugee's idea to display my stationery boxes.
While in Marshalls, I spotted the same yoga block that I had gotten in Target for half the price. I was so annoyed but had to tell myself that you can't make the right decision 100% of the time. Had I gone looking for the block at Marshalls, it probably would not have been there...

To fulfill one of my yoga teacher training requirements, I went to a mediation class at another yoga studio last night. Before we started, Josh asked us what had brought us to class and I confessed that I was going through yoga teacher training (I would need paperwork signed) and I was tired of asanas and wanted to fulfill my observation by taking his class.

After class we got into a circle and talked a bit about the experience. I totally enjoyed the class. Josh did a guided meditation through the five senses and I liked how he said Meditation can be something that you look forward to. Next week, he'll use a different technique and I'm looking forward to attending. The meditation class is 60 minutes but it only felt like about 20. I was able to go to that space between sleep and full alertness.

As we gathered our items, a fellow meditator wished me well with yoga teacher training. I wasn't expecting that and thought she was sweet to wish me well.


No comments:

Post a Comment