Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Unfettered

About a week ago, thought about how nice my knee felt; it was so unfettered. Well, I must have jinxed it.

When I didn't have the luxury of having a super tight knee, it started to feel inflamed and all-around weird. Helped to prepare for a festival this past weekend and definitely missed moving around with ease.

One of my colleagues asked me if I had bursitis. I don't know and don't know if I want to get an MRI. I did the PT exercises that Gingerzingi shared with me and it feels much better. It's amazing to me that so many of the moves are yoga-related moves and it's also amazing how the constriction alleviates.

For months now, I've been in the "yoga snacks" lane -- practicing for about 10 minutes a day but I need to make a commitment to do, at least, 30 minutes of daily yoga...

Finished reading How We Live Our Yoga and, now, I'm without a book to read so I'm reading a Yoga International magazine and the 1619 Project.


Searched for the 10% Happier episode with Sebene Selassie when I came upon another one of her interviews on Hurry Slowly. Selassie likes to say that none of us are auto-didacts and that we don't learn on our own. In the Hurry Slowly episode she says, Our evolution from birth to now -- everything we've learned, we've learned from society.  She said I've learned language and ideas through other human beings. She goes on to say that even when we think we're not being repetitive, we are.

What she said about language really resonated with me...

Also listened to the first episode of the 1619 Project podcast. The sound effects and Nikole Hannah-Jones' narration make for a captivating episode.



Other people who have also lost heir minds:



No comments:

Post a Comment