Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Days Late...

One of the presenters, Jana Long, for Yoga As A Peace Practice encouraged us to grow something -- a pot of, say, basil -- something.

Recently listened to Ross Gay's Tending Joy and Practicing Delight, an episode of the On Being podcast and he mentioned that his life got better when he started growing things.

Guess that I will forgive myself for that one time that I killed mint and a cactus and try to grow something again and see where it takes me.

Speaking of On Being and growing things, Jerico Brown's poem, Foreday in the Morning, blew me away.

And speaking of writers, someone saw me post about Toni Morrison and the person expressed shocked -- I know that Toni Morrison was old but... I know exactly what she meant.

The tweet below was the one that made me teary-eyed.



And thanks Saeed Jones for this excerpt from Beloved:


And this...:



The world right now, wow...

No comments:

Post a Comment