Sunday, March 1, 2020

Tanking...

In an effort to not sink into despair, I've visited the orchid show three times and I just finished reading Tattoos on the Heart: The Power of Boundless Compassion.

A little over a month ago, I agreed to sub for a yoga class at the studio where I took my training. It's amazing how you feel somewhat competent and how you feel that you have plenty of time to prepare and then a  month turns into hours and then it turns into go-time.

When I got to the studio, checked the roster then set-up. It was comforting to know that one of my YTT classmates, Camille, would attend. Camille showed up with a mini bouquet and that's so Camille -- very thoughtful...

It definitely was not the smoothest class that I've taught. I struggled with describing a prop placement and I failed to realize that I had chosen a playlist that was too short. Camille was reassuring and when I got back in my car, the Super Soul Conversations podcast with Amy Schumer was right at the point where Oprah asks Amy Schumer if she's ever tanked and Schumer says absolutely:

"You have to do bad to do better...You have to realize all of your fears on stage...I have no fears anymore because they all came true...You get better when you work hard; there's no exceptions to that..."
The micro bouquet that Camille brought...

No comments:

Post a Comment