Saturday, April 25, 2020

Dislocated

Thursday's Clouds
Noticed a Saturday morning yoga class would be held on Zoom by one of the yoga accounts that I follow on Instagram so I made a point to do yoga at 10:00 a.m. but almost wished that I had gone with the 10:00 a.m. Zumba class when I realized, around 1 p.m., that I'd only taken about 300 steps.

It rained just about all day so I pulled out my workout DVDs and started with a Jackie Warner 15 minute workout that was seriously taxing.

Whenever I went to the gym for Zumba, I had to pass people working on weight machines and I kept telling myself that I needed to get back into strength training and the 15-Minute total body circuit included weights, which I didn't remember. It did  feel good doing something very different from what I've been doing the last couple of years...

While on Twitter, saw a Mental Floss posting about activities that you can do at home so I took a delightful art class for kids of all ages. Drawing is definitely not a talent that I possess but I enjoyed the class that I selected...


Here's another poem that my colleague shared with me:

Translated from Persian by Ahmad Nadalizadeh and Idra Novey

Even your name
I have doubts about
and about the trees
about their branches, if perhaps
they are roots
and we have been living
all these years underground.
Who has dislocated the world?
and why are birds circling in our stomachs?
Why does a pill defer my birth?
For years we’ve been living underground
and perhaps
on a day in my seventies I’ll be born
and feel that death
is a shirt we all come to put on,
whose buttons we can either fasten
or leave undone…
a man may roll up his sleeves
or he might…
I am
a captive man’s conjectures
about the seasons behind the wall.








No comments:

Post a Comment