Saturday, April 11, 2020

Inclining the Heart

Lately, on the weekend, hunger is the thing that drives me out of bed.

Made pancakes and also this dalgano coffee that has been popping up in folks' Instagram feeds. It might have been the really expired instant coffee or maybe my tablespoons were on the heaping side but I didn't really care for coffee concoction.

Felt lethargic so I returned to bed and listened to a guide meditation by Anushka Fernandupolle who's doing the meditations and dharma talks on Saturdays during the pandemic. I actually missed the live meditation but, luckily, Instagram keeps them up for 24 hours.

Fernandupolle's talk was on equanimity. There were many parts that I found useful, including something that she said you can tell yourself during fearful situations:
May I meet this moment with ease and balance; it might not work but you are inclining the heart in that direction. 
Also:
Joy is beneficial for people who are struggling...connecting with joy is positive...is balance.
I totally fell asleep during the meditation but managed to stay alert for most of the dharma talk...

Went to a local park which has beautiful displays of tulips. The county parks have closed but the city mayor is trusting people to keep their distance.

The park with the tulips has actually stopped car traffic from entering to help with physical distancing... Actually, there weren't a lot of people in the park. Might have been the time that I went or it might have been the fact that it felt fall-ish...

On the energy side, feeling more like myself this afternoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment